A unique & epic trip opportunity!
This trip offers a guided journey from the heart of Snowdonia all the way to the sea including a secluded wild camp experience along the way. That's the beauty of a Packraft Adventure, we can link up the very best of what North Wales' terrain has to offer like nobody else, all in one amazing trip.
Starting in the heart of Snowdonia National Park, you will journey over hills, through the idyllic Gwydir forest and across upland lakes before setting up a wild camp for the night. Our expert advice will ensure you have a comfortable night's sleep in the great outdoors and learn new skills: from tarpology to responsible fire making and outdoor cooking skills as well as tips on ultra-light travel and foraging. Our aim is to make your wild camp an enjoyable and hassle free experience. You'll be tucked up asleep in plenty of time for the next day's leg of the journey...
Rise and shine, break camp and descend to the Conwy Valley floor where we continue our journey by packraft along the tranquil river Conwy. It's feet up all the way as we simply paddle and go with the flow. The stunning valley opens up before us as we leave the mountains behind, river becomes estuary and we finish our journey alongside the walls of historic Conwy Castle! Following a perfect opportunity for scrummy fish and chips and a walk along the magnificent town walls to end the day.
Challenge Level: Medium.
More about this adventure...
We keep group sizes small and friendly to allow us to focus on you having the best possible experience.
Location: Starting in Betws-y-Coed - ending in Conwy (Transport is not included - public transport is available for you to return to Betws-y-Coed, or long stay parking can be arranged in Conwy for you to collect your vehicle, contact us to discuss).
Approximate distance: 20km per day.
Typical group size: 6 - 8 persons
PLEASE READ THE EQUIPMENT, ACTIVITY and MEDICAL INFO (SEE RIGHT) BEFORE BOOKING.
Group and Family rates available, please enquire.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Persons participating should be at a level of fitness to cover this distance.
All safety and packrafting equipment is provided.
Lighten the Load with our Ultra Light Add Ons:
Designed to enhance your experience, our ultralight top quality add ons will lighten your pack, allow you to enjoy the journey all the more! Be sure to 'Continue Shopping' and Add them to your cart!
- Lightweight Tent - 1kg - 2 person tent - can be used on your own or shared with a buddy. £30 per tent.
Mountains to Sea - 2 Day Wild Camp Adventure
Packrafting and Safety Equipment. All Packrafting and safety equipment required for the Activity will be provided by us.
Individual Equipment - What to Bring. A list of equipment is included below. The environment in the UK can change quickly and so you must prepare accordingly. For safety reasons participants need to have the items on the list with them - we reserve the right to refuse participation if you don't have suitable clothing and gear.
Items marked * can be borrowed from us, we'll bring plenty along on the day.
You will need to bring / wear:
- A warm fleece top or insulated jacket.
- A base-layer (a non-cotton t-shirt).
- ‘Outdoor’ type trousers (Not denim - synthetic track suit bottoms are fine).
- Thermals (in spring and autumn - carried or worn).
- Warm hat and some gloves (in spring and autumn).
- Waterproof Jacket. (Essential – even on warm sunny days).
- Waterproof trousers. (Essential – even on warm sunny days).
- Walking shoes or boots.
- Water shoes (these will get wet! An old pair of trainers is perfect)
- A rucksack to carry your gear (it will need to carry your safety gear and boat too – so make sure its has plenty of space! 50l rucksacks are normally more than adequate. * (we can supply).
- A watertight liner or dry bag for inside your rucksack * (we can supply).
- A spare change of clothes (carried) x 2.
- Food and drink for the day. (A hot sweet drink in a small flask is a good idea, especially if it’s a bit chilly out.)
- Sunglasses, sun hat, sun screen (as required).
- Personal medication. You must take any medication you may require with you and show it to us at the start of your adventure, so we know where it is if you need it!
- Wash kit including a small towel.
- Tent. 2 person superlight weight tents can be supplied (£30 per Tent - Select to Add).
- Sleeping bag suitable for the season.
- Sleeping mat. Can be supplied (£7.50 - Select to Add).
- Cooking Stove and fuel. (Don't have this - choose our Camp Food Add on).
- Cooking pots and eating implements. (Don't have this - choose our Camp Food Add on).
- Food and drink for evening meal and breakfast.(Not sure what to bring? Choose our Camp Food Add on).
- Torch and spare set of batteries. (Not mobile phone torch!)
- A small bag for rubbish.
- Sufficient toilet paper and sanitary products.
- Lighter or matches.
Please do not wear cotton tops or bottoms as the material stays cold and heavy when wet.