This is a full day packraft journey ideal for adventure seeking adults and older children. Off the beaten track, this is a journey that gives you a unique perspective of the heart of Snowdonia, as well as a few hidden gems along the way.
The day incorporates a variety of terrain; paddle across magnificent forest lakes and walk through idyllic woodland. Along the way you'll discover intriguing clues to the area's industrial past surrounded all the while by spectacular views of Snowdonia. We'd love to share the very best of what North Wales has to offer with you.
Challenge Level: Medium.
More about this adventure...
We keep group sizes small and friendly to allow us to focus on you having the best possible experience.
Location: Gwydir Forest above Betws-y-Coed
Approximate distance: 14km.
Typical group size: 6 - 8 persons
Minimum age: 12 years.
Younger children may be able to participate, subject to certain criteria. Please call us to discuss.
PLEASE READ THE EQUIPMENT, ACTIVITY and MEDICAL INFO (SEE RIGHT) BEFORE BOOKING.
Group and Family rates available, please enquire.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Persons participating should be at a level of fitness to cover this distance.
All safety and packrafting equipment is provided.
Eryri - Snowdonia Explorer Full Day Packraft Adventure
Packrafting and Safety Equipment. All Packrafting and safety equipment required for the Activity will be provided by us.
Individual Equipment - What to Bring. A list of equipment is included below. The environment in the UK can change quickly and so you must prepare accordingly. For safety reasons participants need to have the items on the list with them - we reserve the right to refuse participation if you don't have suitable clothing and gear.
Items marked * can be borrowed from us, we'll bring plenty along on the day.
You will need to bring / wear:
- A warm fleece top or insulated jacket.
- A base-layer (a non-cotton t-shirt).
- ‘Outdoor’ type trousers (Not denim - synthetic track suit bottoms are fine).
- Thermals (in spring and autumn - carried or worn).
- Warm hat and some gloves (in spring and autumn).
- Waterproof Jacket. (Essential – even on warm sunny days).
- Waterproof trousers. (Essential – even on warm sunny days).
- Walking shoes or boots.
- Water shoes (these will get wet! An old pair of trainers is perfect)
- A rucksack to carry your gear (it will need to carry your safety gear and boat too – so make sure its has plenty of space! 30-40l rucksacks are normally more than adequate. * (we can supply).
- A watertight liner or dry bag for inside your rucksack * (we can supply).
- A spare change of clothes (carried).
- Food and drink for the day. (A hot sweet drink in a small flask is a good idea, especially if it’s a bit chilly out.)
- Sunglasses, sun hat, sun screen (as required).
- Personal medication. You must take any medication you may require with you and show it to us at the start of your adventure, so we know where it is if you need it!
Please do not wear cotton tops or bottoms as the material stays cold and heavy when wet.