Packrafting on moving water is simply the finest way to journey; not only does it cover the miles more quickly, running those rapids gives that adrenaline high that just 'aces' the day.
Moving water, however, requires caution and respect. Understanding the river, it's hydrology and flow are essential, as are the skills to deal with things quickly and effectively when they go wrong.
This fully accredited 3 day practical course will give you these skills.
Moving Water Safety & Rescue
Enable your own Adventure
This fully accredited 3 day practical course will include:
• Hydrology: Identifying key river features and what they mean to the Packrafter.
• Boat outfitting for moving water.
• Risk management and leadership principles.
• Rescue priorities
• When to run the rapid and when to walk by.
• Safe swimming techniques.
• Rescue skills.
• Equipment recovery.
Be prepared to be challenged and spend the course duration paddling or in water based scenarios.
Candidates must be:
• Over 18 Years.
• Confident in swimming in Grade 2 water in appropriate paddling gear.
Plus one more of the following:
• Tirio Packraft Paddler Course Certification.
• BC 3 StarWW or OC or higher.
APL - Where the candidate does not have any of the qualifications listed above, we will accept prior experience:
10 Logged journeys of 2 hours or more on Grade 2 WW or above.
Where a candidate doesn't have the logged experience we can offer a 1 day WW paddling module - contact us for details.
For Certification individuals will be required to take up Water Skills Academy Non-Coach/ Recreational Membership for a fee of £30, which also provides waterways licensing, personal liability insurance and access to further training and resources. We will send you the link for membership upon booking.